IT Support Course
Currently Accepting Applications
IT Support Course
IT Support offers the opportunity to earn the Google IT Support Professional Certificate and the CompTIA A+ certification, equipping you with the knowledge to fill a wide range of entry level technology jobs such as: Infrastructure Management, Desktop Support, Driver Technician, among others.
- Course dates are January 19, 2021 through April 12, 2021
- 12 weeks, Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 4 days of technical training and 1 day of professional development each week
- No prior IT experience required
- No cost to you—all services are paid for by program supporters
- CompTIA A+ and Google IT Support Professional certifications
- Hands-on instruction covering network, hardware, security, software, server, virtualization, management, and mobile devices
- Business skills coaching to prepare you for job searching, interviewing, and career advancement
- Customer service training
- Industry guest speakers and off-site field trips supplement technical learning
- Job placement assistance with access to a network of employers (80% of graduates land jobs)
- Application Deadline: December 11th
We are now accepting applications for the January 2021 IT Support Course.
Learn more about the 100% remote and 100% free IT training course!
Q: What kind of jobs can I get after completing the IT Support course?
A: Your career path after completing the IT Support training could include everything from working at a business supporting computer users to becoming a field technician installing and servicing remote locations to helping manage a global corporate network. Starting salaries vary, but $40,000 per year is the average.
Check out My Colorado Journey to learn more about the Information Technology Career Pathway and the job titles and salaries that can be earned by building your career in this sector.
Q: What professional certifications can I earn in the IT Support course?
A: You will prepare to earn the CompTIA A+ certification, and the Google IT Support Professional Certificate. Having taken the IT Support course, you may also have access to advanced credentials like the Security+ certification and others.