We Have A Passion for People
Join Our Team
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative, and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and welcome ideas from staff at all levels. Working at ActivateIT means working with engaging, savvy people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
Contract Network + / A+ Instructor
POSITION TITLE: Contract Network + / A+ Instructor
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a multi-talented Instructor and Technology professional to deliver high-quality instruction to a diverse student population who are seeking to acquire skills and credentials that will prepare them for career opportunities in technology.
The Technical Instructor will deliver structured and approved curriculum in full- time technical training to prepare students for entry-level information technology jobs. Technical training competencies include but are not limited to: hardware, software, networking, security, server, mobility, virtualization, and project management.
This is a contract role with the potential to extend or become permanent based on performance and business need.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Deliver training preparing students for entry-level to mid-level careers in Information Technology, which includes daily instruction, assessment administration, attendance, one-on-one tutoring, evaluation and monitoring of individual student progress daily, addressing student violations with students in a consistent manner, and more
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Curriculum to identify and continually evaluate and evolve the training as demand new technologies become available
- Provide students with access to relevant sources for outside learning on technologies and study aids relevant to the curriculum
- Work closely with the team to identify student needs, provide necessary support, establish individualized plans for student achievement, and participate in regular student status meetings
- Maintain and update Salesforce with student grades, certification, scores, and progress notes
- Create, submit and maintain training curricula for approval and files
- Work closely with staff in other sites to ensure the integrity of implementing the model
- Maintain a minimum of an 80% class pass and graduation rate for every cohort
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent practical experience) in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or related area plus at least 3 years of related work experience or an Associates Degree in a computer discipline plus at least 5 years IT work experience
- 1-2 years of relevant teaching or education experience including:
- Translating complex materials to adult learners
- Working with diverse individuals and groups with varying learning styles
- Curriculum design including ongoing evaluation for continuous improvement
- Syllabus development and lesson planning
- Student assessment and coaching
- Experience in workforce development a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Learning Management Systems a plus
- Current A+ certification (1001-1002 Series)
- Network+ Certification (N10-006 or N10-007) or be willing to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Experience implementing network technologies in business environments with a focus on deployment of TCP/IP suite protocols
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Apple, and Linux Operating Systems; this includes both end user and server versions
- Thorough understanding of security concepts, models, and standards; experience with implementation in business environments
- Linux production experience
- Knowledge of cloud services technologies i.e. AWS, Azure, OpenStack
- Programming languages Python, Java, JS
- Full Stack Web Development
- Additional Industry certifications are a plus
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You have the ability to teach in a highly interactive and hands-on style.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
ABOUT Activate Work Inc.
The mission of AWI is to help low-income individuals achieve economic freedom through the dignity of work. AWI grew out of AWS, a Public Benefit Corporation that was founded by Helen Young Hayes in 2016. Through our new program, ActivateIT Powered by Per Scholas (“ActivateIT”), AWI’s overarching goal is to assist unemployed and under-employed Coloradans primarily in the metro Denver area to obtain and successfully retain IT careers. Philanthropy-launched and industry-supported, ActivateIT will replicate Per Scholas’ time-tested technology training and employment model that has placed 5,200 IT professionals from underserved populations into 500+ employers and been successfully replicated in seven cities. We plan to train and deploy 380 IT professionals in metro Denver over the first five years of operation. Learn more at activatework.com.
ABOUT Per Scholas
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in eight cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Boston, MA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; Newark, NJ; and New York, NY. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 9,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology. Learn more at perscholas.org.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our People team at [email protected]. We look forward to viewing your application!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.